Awards and honours to YSG members
2006 was a remarkable year for Tonnes who received the following awards:
Tonnes continued his success this year with:
- Gold at España 2006 in Malaga for his ‘Banat and Bačka’ exhibit,
- Gold in the Norwegian National in Trondheim for his ‘Trieste’ and ‘Fiume’ exhibits,
- Gold in the Norwegian National literature class for his ‘Banat and Bačka’ Monograph (Jugopošta Number 77),
- Gold and a special prize in the Nordic exhibition in Helsinki for his ‘Banat and Bačka’ exhibit (the above was one of two candidates for the International Grand Prix but regretfully did not win),
- Gold in the Nordic exhibition in Helsinki for his ‘Trieste’ exhibit (Tonnes also had the honour in Helsinki of presenting a lecture on the subject of ‘Banat and Bačka’).
- Gold and Special prize for Banat and Bacska in Iceland 2009,
- Large Vermeil for postal history of South Tyrol in Iceland 2009,
- Gold for Carpatho-Ukraine (8 frames) exhibit at FEPA Bulgaria 2009.
Geoff Barling received the following recent awards:
- His CD-ROM ‘The Postal Rates of the Yugoslav Territories’ (Jugopošta Number 70A) received Gold at Stampex 2004,
- Gold at Grand Rapids USA in 2005 and Vermeil at España 2006 in Malaga.
- Vermeil at Torquay 2006 in the International Postal History class for his ‘Srem Postal History to 1920’ exhibit (His monograph about Srem has since been published in March 2007 as Jugopošta Number 81)
- Geoff Barling was awarded Large Vermeil in New Zealand in 2009 for JP70A.
- In the summer of 2012, the Srem-wide newspaper published an interview with Geoff Barling covering a page and a half with text, photograph of Geoff and reproductions of two postal history covers. "This could well be the pinnacle of my collecting life". More in Jugopošta 104.
Received the following award:
- Vermeil at España 2006 in Malaga for his exhibit of ‘Postcards in Occupied Serbia 1941-1944’.
Congratulations to Hans Smith for the following awards:
- Large Vermeil at Prague (Praga 2008) (Austrian Military Mail 1500-1914), and
- Gold at Vienna (WIPA 2008) (The Austrian Lloyd's Postal Agencies).
And finally ...
Jugopošta itself was awarded Silver at Croydon 2007.
We apologise if we have missed anyone We invite members to advise the YSG of any awards received whether at local, county, regional, national or international level because awards are a credit both to the person and to the YSG itself.
Last Updated ( Friday, 19 April 2013 17:57 )