Here we include a small selection of links to useful resources and relevant societies and organisations. Inclusion of a link should not be interpreted as an endorsement but we hope that these will be useful for our members and others interested in philately of former Yugoslavian territories.
ArGe-YU is one of Germany’s largest and most strongly growing philatelic organizations. It was founded in 1975 in the Rhineland and in 2015 celebrated its 40th anniversary.
Dave Treby has prepared an index of articles up to and including Number 117 (updated March 2016). You can download this in PDF format here or in Word format here.
Congratulations to our members for the following awards:
- Large Vermeil at Prague (Praga 2008) (Austrian Military Mail 1500-1914)
- Gold at Vienna (WIPA 2008) (The Austrian Lloyd’s Postal Agencies).
- Gold at Portugal 2010 (Postal Rates and Frankings of Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina 1918-21)
- Gold at Chur 2011 (Field Postcards of Serbia 1873-1918)
- Vermeil at Philanippon 2011 (Slovenia in Postal History 1812-1928)
- Vermeil at Italia 2009 (Serbia in Exile 1916-18)
- Gold at Rossica 2014 (for his book Silent Witnesses � Serbia and the Allies in World War 1)
And finally …
Jugopošta itself was awarded:
- Silver at Croydon 2007
- Large Silver at the 2013 New Zealand National Philatelic Literature Exhibition
We apologise if we have missed any individual or award. We invite members to advise the YSG of any awards received whether at local, county, regional, national or international level because awards are a credit both to the person and to the YSG itself.
Our available range of literature includes award-winning items and make perfect presents for the discerning philatelist!
|Regular Jugopošta Numbers 1 through 70 — Available as photocopies only
|Regular Jugopošta Numbers 71 onwards — Printed
||£7 (or 10 Euros)
||£8 (or 10 US Dollars)
|Regular Jugopošta Numbers 71 onwards — On CD
||£6 (or 10 Euros)
||£7 (or 9 US Dollars)
|The Postal History of Sremska Mitrovic (Last few copies) — Printed only
||£15 (or 20 Euros)
||£17 (or 30 US Dollars)
|Dalmatia [by Martin Brumby] Sold out.
- Montenegro Postal History (JP57A) Sold out. Replaced by 2nd edition (JP108)
- Catalogue of the Perfins of Yugoslavia (JP75)
- The Postal Rates of the Yugoslav Territories [2nd Edition] (JP70A) CD only
- Banat and Backa (JP77)
- Srem Postal History To Late 1944 (JP81) Download sample pages
- The Postal Rates of The Independent State of Croatia 1941-1945 (JP85)
- The Postal Rates of Bosnia and Herzegovina 1878-1918(JP90)
- Indeficienter (The Story of Fiume to 1918) (JP94) CD only
- Croatia/SHS: Independence Issue of 29 October 1918 (JP98)
- The History and Feldpost of the Croat Legions in the German Army in WWII (JP103)
- Montenegro Postal History [2nd Edition] (JP108)
- A Short Guide to the Slovenian Regular Stamps of 1919 and 1920 (JP119)
- The Postal History of the Serbian Nation in Exile 1915-1919(JP124)
|Printed: £17 (or 20 Euros)
CD: £8 (or 10 Euros)
|Printed: £18 (or 25 US Dollars)
CD: £10 (or 13 US Dollars)
- All prices include postage & packing prices in brackets () apply to payments in cash. To order, please contact the Treasurer / Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment may be made by sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank (made payable to Yugoslavia Study Group), in cash (Sterling, Euros or US$) or via PayPal.
- Payment by PayPal must be in £ Sterling and an extra £1 must be remitted (to cover PayPal’s commission).
Our quarterly A4-sized Journal, Jugopošta, is published in March, June, September and December. Each issue is produced on paper covering a variety of subjects and is distributed free to members. However, in some years where suitable material is available, we will produce a single-subject monograph to replace one of those issues. In that event, the monograph will be published on CD (at no extra cost to members) on paper (at an extra cost).
Members will be informed before annual subscriptions become due of the intention to publish a monograph in the forthcoming year. There will be no monograph published in 2018.
Back-copies of Jugopošta and monographs are available. See ‘Literature’ for more details.
An index of articles published in Jugopošta, up to and including Number 86, can be downloaded from here.
Jugopošta was awarded Silver at the Croydon 2007 national exhibition.
Jugopošta is sent by surface mail to overseas, non-Europe based members unless additional funds are received for airmail postage (minimum £6). Payment may be made by sterling cheques drawn on a UK bank (made payable to Yugoslavia Study Group), by PayPal or in cash.
All information and articles within Jugopošta are the copyright of the Yugoslavia Study Group and contributors and may not be copied or otherwise reproduced without prior written permission.
||Annual subscription (including monograph on CD)
||With additional charge for paper copy of the monograph
|Rest of the world (surface mail
|Rest of the world (airmail)
Payment may be made by sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank (made payable to Yugoslavia Study Group), by PayPal or in cash (Sterling, Euros or US$).
Payment using PayPal must be in Sterling and £1 extra must be remitted to cover our costs.
For further information about joining YSG, please contact David Foster via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three main benefits of membership:
- Our journal, Jugopošta,
- participation in our auctions (currently not active) and
- access to our library of books and articles.
These benefits are all included in the price of the annual subscription.
For more information about joining YSG, please contact David Foster, our Membership Secretary / Treasurer via email on: email@example.com